14270 Eureka Rd.
Southgate, MI 48195
BUSINESS HOURS: (Sept – June)
Monday = 3:30-8:45pm
Tuesday = 3:30-8:45pm
Wednesday = 3:30-8:45pm
Thursday = 3:30-8:45pm
Friday = 4:00-8:15pm
Saturday = 9:00am-3:00pm
Sunday = Closed
It is imperative that dancers wear dance attire for class. The dancer’s form must be visible to allow for optimal instruction. No street clothing allowed. In the event a dancer wears street clothing to class, she/he will be allowed only to view class and a dress code violation slip will be sent home to a parent.
– Hair MUST be worn up and off the back of the neck in a secure bun or flip.
– All dancers must purchase the required dance shoe per class.
– Dancewear and shoes are available for purchase at Dancin’ Feet (Southgate), Dosan’s (Flat Rock) or through Discount Dance Supply Catalog & Website (800-328-7107 & http://www.discountdance.com). Discount Dance Teacher Code: TP30340.
– Dance Avenue also sells stylish dance apparel, tights, Lyrical shoes and duffel bags!
Ladies Dance Attire:
Any Color Leotard or Sports Bra
Fitted Shorts or Ballet Skirts
Leggings or Capezio Brand Caramel Stirrup or Ballet Pink Footed Tights
(Sweatpants may be worn for Hip Hop.)
- Ballet & Pointe: Pink Split-Sole Canvas or Leather Ballet Slippers
(Discount Dance Shoe Order # S0203L-adult / 205C-child)
*Consult Instructor regarding Pointe Shoe Purchases and Fitting
- Jazz: Suntan Split-Sole Jazz Shoes
(Discount Dance Shoe Order # S0401L-adult / S0401G-child)
- Tap: Black Tap Shoes
Mini, Petite & Junior Levels: “Tap-On” Buckle Tap Shoe # S0302G-child
Levels 1, 2 & 3: Split-Sole Tap Shoe # CG16
Levels 4 & 5: Full Sole Tap Shoe # S0361L-adult
- Lyrical: Nude Capezio “Foot-Undeez”
(Discount Dance Shoe Order # H07C-child/H07C-adult)
- Contemporary: No Shoes Required (Bare Feet)
- Hip Hop & Jazz Funk: Street Sneakers
(Shoes Must be CLEAN. Do NOT wear your dance sneakers outdoors.)
Gentlemen Dance Attire:
White or Black Fitted Short Sleeve or Sleeveless Shirt
Sweatpants (preferably fitted) or Gym Shorts
- Gentlemen Shoe Requirements: Black Split-Sole Ballet Shoe, Black Split-Sole Jazz Shoe, Black Tap Shoe, Nude Capezio Lyrical “Foot-Undeez” and Bare-Feet for Contemporary. (Refer to the dance style chart above for specific shoe ordering information or consult an instructor.)
TINY TOTS DRESS CODE
Adult Attire: Comfortable clothing you can move and sit in. Sweatpants, Yoga Pants, T-Shirt, Socks or Bare Feet. No Street Shoes.
Child Attire: Comfortable clothing they can move and sit in or dance wear of your choosing. Socks, Bare Feet or Ballet Slippers. No Street Shoes.
If a dancer misses a class more than five (5) times, she/he may not be allowed to perform in the annual Dance Avenue Recital. Good attendance is imperative, as absences and tardiness can hold back an entire class. We encourage all dancers to arrive early in order to prepare for the start of class. There are no make-up classes for absent dancers. PLEASE CALL the studio in the event of an absence.
Class observation days are at the discretion of the instructors. Family and Friend Viewing Weeks are scheduled in the months of December and May.
No food or drink in the dance rooms at any time. No sneakers that are worn outside can be worn on the dance floor. Studio classroom doors, while closed, should be opened only with permission. No cell phones in the dance rooms. Dancers MUST be enrolled in a Ballet technique class in order to participate in a Pointe Class. Dancers are prohibited from operating the music equipment.
A specific number of dancers is determined in each classroom in order to optimize teaching. However, Dance Avenue reserves the right to cancel any class if attendance drops to less than six (6) dancers participating. In the event this does happen, we will try our best to find an alternate class for each dancer to attend.
INCLEMENT WEATHER DAYS
Dance Avenue DOES NOT follow Southgate Public Schools for snow/cold day weather closings. The studio will send an email and/or a Reminder Text Alert to inform families of studio closings. Please also check our Facebook, Instagram & Twitter.
Each month’s tuition is due by the first day of the month (10 Month Season: Sept-June). A $15.00 late fee is applied if tuition is not paid by the 7th of each month. (Please note: September tuition is due within the first week of classes, Sept. 6 – 12, 2016.)
All tuition payments are non-refundable, no exceptions.
– Tuition fees remain the same monthly whether it is a short (2-3 week) or a long (5 week) month, and regardless of absences.
– If the studio is closed, there is a locked mailbox on the parking lot side of the building for check drop-off. (Check must be received on or before the 7th of the month in order to avoid the $15.00 late fee.)
– If an account becomes two months delinquent, the dancer will not be allowed to return to class until tuition and fees are paid in full.
– There is a $35.00 fee for returned/bounced checks.
– All account balances must be paid in full before the June Recital or a dancer may not be allowed to participate.
– Cash, Check, Visa, MasterCard and Discover are accepted for payment. Visit the desk to sign-up for Auto Debit! For payment made by check, please indicate child’s last name if not the same as the parent.
– Private Lessons are available upon request.
– Please contact the studio with questions regarding class prices. (734-759-3102 or email@example.com)
A $15.00 per student or $20 per family (2 or more children) non-refundable registration fee is required at the time of Fall Registration in order to hold a spot in class.
Costume payments may be added to tuition for the months of Sept. – Dec. (regular tuition rates will apply January – June) or may be paid in full with (or before) November’s tuition.
– Costumes are ordered in late November and are sized slightly larger to allow for growth, so alterations may have to be made.
– Costume payments are non-refundable.
– Please contact the studio with questions regarding costume prices. (734-759-3102 or firstname.lastname@example.org)
Ask about our Dance Avenue FAMILY DISCOUNTS!
Enroll a friend for an entire school year (Sept. – June) and receive a $50 credit toward tuition. There is NO LIMIT to the amount of referrals per family. Credit(s) are applied to tuition in the months of May and June.
DANCE AVENUE COMPETITION TEAM (DACT)
Dancers (ages 7-19yrs) may audition for the award-winning and nationally acclaimed Dance Avenue Competition Team (DACT). Only dedicated dancers need apply! For more details on commitment and tuition, please inquire at the front desk.
– Click on the “Competition Team (DACT)” tab at the top of this page for more information!
Our annual Recital performances take place in the month of June at the fabulous Lincoln Park High School Auditorium. Dance Avenue stages three separate Recitals, and there is a possibility your child may perform in one to three shows (see front desk for more information). There are no additional fees added for Recital other than the cost of tickets. Recital tickets are assigned seating. Further details will be communicated throughout the school year.
Please check the Dance Avenue website often for the most up-to-date studio happenings.
A newsletter is emailed at the beginning of each month. Please be sure to add email@example.com to your contacts.
REMINDER TEXT ALERTS
We encourage all our dancers and parents to enroll in our text reminder service. To subscribe, text @DanceAve to 734-720-9255.
Wi-Fi INTERNET ACCESS
Dance Avenue offers free internet access. For the wireless internet passcode, please see the front desk.
DANCE AVENUE BIRTHDAY PARTIES
Have your child’s birthday at Dance Avenue! Package deals are available. For more information please contact the studio during regular business hours at 734 759-3102 or anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org.
– I have read and understand both the Dance Avenue attendance & dress code policies.
– At Dance Avenue, we want all of our students and their parents to understand that participation in dance is a POTENTIALLY RISKFUL ACTIVITY. Your child’s safety is always our #1 priority, and our staff will always monitor everything with safety in mind. However, in such activities, injuries, sometimes minor or major in nature, are always a possibility, no matter how careful anyone may be. Dance Avenue, its teachers and other staff members, will not be held responsible for injuries sustained by any student during the course of dance/acrobatics classes, competitions, performances or any other studio-related function. With the above in mind, and being fully aware of the risks involved, I consent to have my child participate in the programs offered by Dance Avenue. I, my executors or other representatives, hold Dance Avenue harmless, waive and release all rights and claims for damages that I or my child may have against Dance Avenue or its representatives, whether paid or volunteer.
– I understand that my child’s photo/video may appear on Dance Avenue’s website or other advertisements to promote the studio. I consent to the release of my child’s photo/video for advertising purposes. (Dance Avenue never releases student names or information with photos.)
– I will understand and respect the guidance of the professionally trained Dance Avenue instructors and directors as to my child’s class level placement.
– I understand that if my child is enrolled in a Hip Hop class Hip Hop music will be played during the class and for performance. (Dance Avenue always uses edited and clean music selections.)
– I understand there exists the possibility that due to unforeseen circumstances, studio-related events and/or DACT Competition Performances that a substitute Dance Avenue trained faculty member may teach my child’s regularly scheduled class. (In the event of such an occurrence, we assure you that your dancer will continue to receive impeccable instruction by our trained instructors.)
– I understand that ALL tuition and costume payments are non-refundable, no exceptions.